“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” — Philip Pullman
Have you ever looked across the sanctuary at Temple Emanu-el and wondered who was sitting a few rows ahead of you… or right beside you?
You may know the person’s name, or that she lives in Lakewood Ranch, Parrish, or Sarasota, or that he came from Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, or New York.
But do you truly know the person?
Now, with the help of Temple Emanu-el’s “Our Jewish Stories” Project, you are invited to share an experience that helped shape your identity as a Jew, adding your story to the stories which members have shared as part of the project so far (and which you can read on this website).
You are welcome to:
• Tell a story about someone who encouraged you to live a Jewish life;
• Share an experience that made you more aware of your Jewishness;
• Relate a moment that fuels your desire to live a Jewish life today.
In case you’re wondering where to begin, here are a few questions to help you get started:
• When have you felt proud of being Jewish?
• Have you ever felt scared or ashamed of being Jewish?
• Has anyone inspired you to be Jewish?
Temple Emanu-el’s “Our Jewish Stories” Project is a rare opportunity for members to share stories with their children, and for children to share stories with their families and friends.
Do you have a story to share?
When you have a moment, please share a story, and enjoy getting to know your temple family.
For details on sharing, please see the “About” section: https://ourjewishstories.wordpress.com/about/ .